Do you know someone who lives, works or studies in Fairfield who has made a valuable contribution to the local community?
Now is the time to nominate them for the 2022 Fairfield City Australia Day Community Awards.
"Each year our city celebrates the diverse and remarkable contributions of our extraordinary local heroes working tirelessly in the community," Fairfield mayor Frank Carbone said.
"While many of them do this without seeking recognition or reward, they certainly deserve it, and council's Australia Day Community Awards are a wonderful way to acknowledge and thank them for the work they do.
"These people inspire us through their achievements and challenge us to make our own contribution to creating a better Fairfield City."
There are four award categories:
- Citizen of the Year (25 years and over).
- Young Citizen of the Year (12 to 24 years).
- Volunteer of the Year (12 years and over).
- Sports Achiever of the Year (12 years and over).
The winners, who must be Australian citizens, will be announced at an Australia Day presentation on January 26.
- Nominate: fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/AustraliaDayAwards. Nominations close on Friday, November 5.