Fairfield residents can enjoy a number of safe family friendly Australia Day events this month.
Fairfield mayor Frank Carbone said the council's Australia Day activities would go ahead this year..
"Australia Day is a chance to celebrate life in Australia, celebrate our City's diversity and reflect on our achievements and what it means to be part of this great nation," Cr Carbone said.
"After a challenging year we're pleased to announce that our Australia Day activities are able to go ahead and I encourage residents to get involved in the celebrations."
The council is monitoring the health situation closely, and ensuring that all Australia Day events are delivered in accordance with the latest Public Health Orders.
Visitors are asked to observe the COVID Safe measures in place at the following venues, this includes not visiting if you are unwell, and practising social distancing and good hygiene.
- The free Canley Heights Australia Day eve fireworks will be held at Canley Heights Town Centre from 9pm on Monday, January 25. Note: Council is monitoring the situation closely and liaising with authorities to ensure this event can still go ahead.
- Fairfield residents can enjoy free pool entry at Prairiewood Leisure Centre form 10am to 4pm pn Tuesday, January 26. Note: Children under 16 must have adult supervision and numbers will be limited.
- Fairfield residents can also purchase a family pass for $55 for the Aquatopia Water Park at Prairiewood Leisure Centre from 11am to 5.30pm on Tuesday, January 26. Family passes will cost $65 for non-residents. Pre-book tickets at: www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/aquatopia.
- Fairfield Leisure Centre will also offer free entry for local residents from 10am to 4pm on January 26. Children under 16 years require supervision and numbers will be limited due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Fairfield Youth and Community Centre will also offer a free Australia Day event where people can rock climb, trampoline and play table tennis and basketball from 10am to 3pm on January 26.