INDIA'S FIELDING WOES IN FIRST ODI AGAINST AUSTRALIA
* 16th over: Aaron Finch is on 36 and heaves at a wide delivery. Shikhar Dhawan, stationed at point, turns and sprints after the skied edge but can't complete a diving catch.
* 20th over: Finch is on 51 and takes off for a single after stroking the ball to Ravindra Jadeja at mid-on. A direct hit would have found the batsman well short of his ground at the bowler's end but Jadeja misses.
* 37th over: Steve Smith is on 38 and lofts the ball in Dhawan's direction at long on. Dhawan moves forward and misjudges the flight of the Kookaburra horribly, failing to get a hand on what could have been a regulation catch in the deep.
* 40th over: Finch is on 102 and flicks the ball in the direction of Yuzvendra Chahal at short fine leg. The outstretched fielder does well to stop the boundary but drops what would have been a remarkable catch.
* 40th over: Finch is on 104 and clips the ball along the ground to Mayank Agarwal in the deep. A school-boy error results in the pill sailing between the fielder's legs and to the rope.
*43rd over: Glenn Maxwell is on 21 and hammers the ball to Hardik Pandya at long off. Pandya is unable to complete the catch and parries the ball over the boundary.
*44th over: Maxwell is on 33 and mistimes his off-side assault on a wide delivery. Shreyas Iyer scuttles in but can't reel in a diving catch.
*49th over. Alex Carey is on 14 and strokes the ball to Virat Kohli in the covers. Kohli misreads the bounce, costing his team three runs and potentially a run-out dismissal.
Australian Associated Press