Police have charged 25 people and executed searches at 54 properties as part of a high-impact police operation targeting firearm-related violence in south-west Sydney.
Since the beginning of August 2020, 12 shootings - including five in public places - were reported in the South West Metropolitan Region.
As part of Operation Clampdown - was was established to investigate public place shootings in August and September 2020 - officers from South West Metropolitan Region, assisted by State Crime Command, Operational Support Group, the Public Order and Riot Squad, Traffic and Highway Patrol Command, PolAir, and the Dog Unit, conducted 54 Firearm Prohibition Orders (FPO) searches at properties since the operation began on Thursday, September 3. Seven vehicles were also searched.
Police Minister David Elliott, said for the past week police have sent a powerful message to any person that continues to flout the law.
"You can expect to be arrested and you will be put before the courts," he said.
"Their reckless actions show a flagrant disregard for community safety and this Government will not tolerate this vigilante behaviour."
During the operation, police located 13 firearms including seven pistols, a homemade firearm, prohibited drugs, cash, an electronic stun device, knives, knuckle dusters, ammunition, a ballistic vest, 380 false credit cards, 101 mobile phones, and OMCG colours.
All items seized during the operation will undergo forensic examination.
In total, officers attached to Operation Clampdown have charged 25 people with 42 offences.
Among those charged were two men, aged 28 and 22, who were arrested at a home on Stella Street, Fairfield Heights, about 6.40am on September 10.
The arrests were made after detectives attached to Fairfield Police Area Command allegedly discovered prohibited weapons including, a ballistic vest, gel blaster pistol, replica pistol and a knife during a search of the property last week.
The older man was charged with two counts of possessing an unregistered firearm-pistol and the younger man was charged with possessing a prohibited weapon without a permit.
They were granted conditional bail to appear at Fairfield Local Court on Wednesday, September 30.
Investigations under Operation Clampdown are continuing.
Police are urging anyone with information that may assist Operation Clampdown detectives to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.