Australia's boxing Moloney twins have received a double-dose of good news, with potential world-title fights looming on the horizon for both of them.
Andrew Moloney has secured a rematch after losing his WBA super-flyweight title in late June, while twin brother Jason is looking at a No.1 ranking and a title shot of his own.
The 29-year-old siblings are back in Australia in quarantine after returning from Las Vegas, where they each fought last week.
Andrew suffered a points loss to American Joshua Franco, but two nights later his bantamweight brother Jason scored a seventh-round stoppage of tough Mexican Leonardo Baez.
Despite suffering two perforated eardrums, a broken nose and cuts inside his mouth and on his left eyebrow, Andrew has been buoyed by the news he is in line for a rematch by November, pending medical clearance.
Both siblings could return to Las Vegas to be on the undercard of big shows later in the year.
One option is a September 19 card featuring a lightweight unification fight between Vasiliy Lomachenko and Teofimo Lopez.
Another possibility is a proposed December 19 show featuring the third WBC heavyweight world-title fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.
Whenever the previously undefeated Andrew's rematch occurs, he is confident he will perform much better than in the loss to Franco.
"I've watched the fight four times now and I plan to watch it a lot more - and probably a few more times when I'm in quarantine," he told AAP.
"It's quite frustrating to watch, because I know that's nowhere near the best I can perform
"But at the same time it also gives me confidence for the rematch, knowing that it was such a close fight.
"I know that if I can perform close to my best that I should get the job done in the rematch."
Jason, who is rated in the top five of all four major organisations, believes he could rise in each set and go from two to one in the World Boxing Organization (WBO), displacing Josh Greer.
"He (Greer) fought the week before me and lost so he will definitely move down the ratings," Jason Moloney said.
"Given that I won in an impressive fight against another rated fighter I think it's pretty much guaranteed that I will move up to number one with the WBO."
Jason said he was ready to challenge WBO champion John Riel Casimero of the Philippines, whose title unification fight with Japan's Naoya Inoue has been delayed because the latter has not been able to secure a visa.
Australian Associated Press