Fairfield mayor Frank Carbone has praised the Social Change through Creativity Grants program which supports not-for-profit organisations as they work to "improve the opportunities and wellbeing" of Fairfield residents in unique and creative ways.
Not-for-profit creative groups or cultural and community organisations can apply to receive a one-off grant of up to $5000 for creative projects that address important community issues.
Council are hosting two host workshops this month to assist applicants in submitting a quality application. Attendance at one workshop is recommended
"Council continues to be inspired by the creativity, commitment and dedication shown by residents and local organisations that make Fairfield City a great place to live and raise a family," Mr Carbone said.
"The workshops are designed to educate applicants in grant writing skills, including developing an idea into a grant project, devising a budget, and basic project management."
Social Change through Creativity Grants applications open on February 28 and close March 30.
Last year's successful applicants were:
- Community Action Services Australia. Project name: Social Tapestry.
- Community First Step. Project name: Sharing Culture through Song - Seniors Choir Project.
- Frontline Seniors. Project name: Seniors Circle of Fun.
- Australian Immersive Education Academy. Project name: Dreams and Challenges Expressed in 3D Artworks: Empowering Youth with Immersive Art and Virtual Reality.
- Taste Cultural Foods. Project name: Aussie Food #itsbetterhere.
- Women in Action. Project name: Your Voice, Your Key.
- Thelma Close. Project name: Strengthening the Foundation of Aboriginal Storytelling through Community Engagement, Creative Writing and Cultural Dance.
- Alofa Connections. Project name: P.E.P.E Playtime.
Thursday, February 13, 10am to 5pm. Fairfield School of Arts, 19 Harris Street, Fairfield
Saturday, February 22, 10am to 5pm , Cabramatta Community Centre, corner Railway Parade and McBurney Road, Cabramatta
- Register: fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/sctc-grants.