Fairfield mayor Frank Carbone said council is offering a range of exciting activities and workshops these summer school holidays to keep kids active and entertained.
"Fairfield council will have a family and child focused summer, preparing a wide range of fun and interesting activities and workshops to get children active in mind and body," Mr Carbone said.
"I encourage all families and children to make the most of our facilities this summer."
Fairfield City Leisure Centres
Active Kids School Holiday Program
- Fairfield Leisure Centre and Fairfield Youth and Community Centre
Kids aged 5-12 will have a ball at the Active Kids school holiday program, held over three weeks (January 6 to 24) at the Fairfield Park Precinct including the Fairfield Leisure Centre, Youth and Community Centre and Adventure Park. The program runs from 8.30am to 4pm daily and incorporates a large variety of physical activities to keep kids active and improve confidence. Prices start at $50 per day. Details: fairfieldcityleisurecentres.com.au or call 9725 0336.
Learn to Swim holiday program
Intensive class program and private lessons available from January 6 to 24 at Cabravale, Fairfield and Prairiewood leisure centres For enrolments enquiries call Cabravale Leisure Centre 9723 4412, Fairfield Leisure Centre 9754 2078 or Prairiewood Leisure Centre 9757 2433.
- Prairiewood Leisure Centre
Brace yourselves for another huge season at Fairfield' coolest attraction. Prices start at a low $15 per person or $55 for a family pass for Fairfield residents. Aquatopia is open every day during the school holidays (except Christmas Day).Tickets are available at fairfieldcityleisurecentres.com.au/aquatopia.
Fairfield City Museum & Gallery
- 634 The Horsley Drive, Smithfield
- Bookings essential. Register at fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fcmgschoolholiday.
Let's make comics
- Ages: 12-16
- Cost: $9
- Embark on a comic creative adventure. You will learn an overview of comic strip design, panelling and layouts! Tutor: Hilary Sandeman
- Tuesday, January 14, 10.30am - 12pm
- Ages: 8-16
- Cost: $9
- Create a lasting memory of nature in this flower-press textile workshop. Students will upcycle a tea towel to create beautiful botanical mandalas on cloth, which they can take home and reuse as wall hangings.Have a special flower or leaf you want to use? Bring it along with you on the day. Tutor: Michelle Lo
- Wednesday, January 15, 10.30am - noon
- Ages: 6-12
- Cost: $17 - places are limited!
- Master baker Karina Santilan is back, ready to help you make and decorate your own delicious monster cupcakes. Every participant will take away four of their own creations.
- Thursday, January 16, 10.30am - noon
- Ages: 9-15
- Cost: $9
- Are you a young artist? Ever heard of the Young Archies? At this workshop, you will learn to prepare and submit a portrait with former Archibald Prize finalist Amani Haydar.
- Friday, January 17, 10.30am - noon
- Ages: 5-12
- Cost: $9
- Design and mark-up your own spinning flag that twirls and whirls in the wind. Perfect to hang up anywhere. Tutor: Svetlana Panov
- Tuesday, January 21, 10.30am - noon
VR in the Vintage Village
- Ages: 12-18
- Cost: $15 - places are limited!
- Join multimedia artists CuriousWorks for a crash course in creating your own VR video. Create short videos around the Vintage Village while learning how to use a 360 degree camera, how to edit and how to publish your video for either online or VR platforms. A light lunch is provided.
- Wednesday, January 22, 10.30am - 1.30pm
- Ages: 4-10
- Cost: $15 - email us child's singlet size. Bookings close 20 January.
- Design your own perfect summer singlet to wear for your outdoor adventures. Every participant will take away their personalised singlet. Bring your own singlet you would like to design and receive a discount for this fun workshop. Tutor: Kathie Raco
- Thursday, January 23, 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Ages: 6-12
- Cost: $9
- Love badges, but also love ceramics? Why not have both in one. Create a beautiful ceramic creation that you can wear as a badge. Tutor: Svetlana Panov
- Friday, January 24, 10.30am - noon
Fairfield City Open Libraries
- Libraries have a range of dedicated children's activities including educational shows and craft workshops. Register at fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/libraryevents.
Mayor's summer holiday program
Encourages children to have fun, stay active and keep learning over the summer school holidays. Enter for a chance to win great prizes by completing learning challenges. Register in person at Fairfield City Open Libraries.
Christmas creative placemats workshop (Ages: 5-12)
Have fun creating a festive placemat while listening to Christmas carols and enjoying the festive season
- Whitlam Library Cabramatta, Friday, December 20, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Bonnyrigg Library, Friday, December 20, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Fairfield Library, Friday, December 20, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Wetherill Park Library, Friday, December 20, 10.30am - 11.30am
LEGO WeDo-Robotics made simple (Ages: 8-12)
Learn coding using LEGO bricks while developing problem solving and thinking skills.
- Fairfield Library, Monday, January 6, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Wetherill Park Library, Monday, January 13, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Whitlam Library Cabramatta, Friday, January 17, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Bonnyrigg Library, Wednesday, January 22, 10.30am - 11.30am
Bring your own popcorn and watch your favourite movies. Parental supervision required.
- Whitlam Library Cabramatta, Monday, January 6, Friday, January 10, Monday, January 13, Monday, January 20 11.30am - 1pm
LEGO fun (Ages: 5+)
Make, build and play with Lego. Contains small parts. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Whitlam Library Cabramatta, Tuesday, January 7, 2pm - 4pm, Thursday, January 16, 2pm - 4pm
- Bonnyrigg Library, Friday, January 10, 11am - 2pm
- Fairfield Library, Wednesday, January 15, 11am - 2pm
- Wetherill Park Library, Tuesday, January 21, 11am - 2pm
Bunnings craft funday (Ages: 5+)
Join in craft activities courtesy of Bunnings Bonnyrigg and Villawood. Bookings are essential and places will only be held for five minutes after program commencement before being made available to others waiting.
- Whitlam Library Cabramatta, Wednesday, January 8, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Bonnyrigg Library, Wednesday, January 8, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Fairfield Library, Friday, January 10, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Wetherill Park Library, Friday, January 10, 10.30am - 11.30am
Superhero acrobatic show (Ages: 4-12)
Meet Spider-Man and Captain America as they show you all the secrets of what it takes to have that extra special super power. Come dressed as your favourite superhero.
- Fairfield Library , Monday, January 13, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Whitlam Library Cabramatta , Tuesday, January 14, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Bonnyrigg Library , Wednesday, January 15, 10.30am - 11.30am
Superhero training workshop (Ages: 8-15)
Action Superheroes Spider-Man and Captain America will give you new skills and movement techniques in rolls, flips, dives springs and vaults.
- Wetherill Park Library, Friday, January 17, 10.30am - 11.30am