Choosi Insurance's Home Fears Report shows 70.4 per cent of Australians fear a break-in, 70.1 per cent are concerned about home security and 64.7 per cent say these worries are up in recent years. The report showed:
- Most don't research local crime figures before moving to a new home;
- 46 per cent said break-ins or other crimes (48 per cent) in their area are enough to make them consider moving;
- 45 per cent said home break-in fears are due to crime-rate rises;
- 52 per cent don't have a break-in action plan; and
- 65 per cent have physical barriers in place, such as lock and key and security screens.