Fairfield's colourful and vibrant diversity will be on display at this year's Culinary Carnival with residents able to experience food and entertainment from around the world.
After a siesta last year, this year's event will be held on June 1 in the Fairfield City Centre and is being dubbed as a "street party like no other."
Some of the highlights include:
- Former MasterChef contestant Bryan Zhu - known for creating inventive dumplings and desserts - will perform a cooking demonstration at 12.15pm.
- The Three Assyrian Sisters will demonstrate their culinary skills by preparing a traditional Assyrian meal at 11.15am.
- The crowd-favourite asado barbecue is back along with Spanish paella and Argentinian empanadas as well Greek chicken and beef souvlaki, Portuguese chicken burgers, Italian roasted chestnuts and arancini.
- A range of desserts including sugarcane mocktails and artisan ice pops, tres leches cups, caramel rolls, French pastries, slices and custard tarts
- Quesadilla and bruschetta cooking workshops for the kids.
- There will also be Bike 'n' Blend smoothie making and a chance to meet your local police officer during Coffee with a Cop.
- Spicy pickle, falafel and churros eating competitions
- Dance performances including flamenco, Bolivian, hula and hip- hop. There will also be workshops
- Face painting and hair braiding.
Fairfield mayor Frank Carbone said he invited everyone to experience the" flavours, sights and sounds" of Culinary Carnival.
"For the first time, Culinary Carnival will be a true celebration of our city's diversity as it evolves into an international food and entertainment event that is not to be missed," he said.
"This is a great street festival that celebrates our diversity, not just our people but also the wonderful food available here in Fairfield.
"Culinary Carnival is a family event like no other in Fairfield.
"Bring your family, friends, and neighbours, but most importantly of all, bring your appetite."
Culinary Carnival food stalls
Dos Churros: Authentic handmade gourmet Spanish churros with Belgian chocolate, nutella or handmade dulce de leche dipping sauce.
Empanadas Che: Argentinian empanadas with various fillings.
Feast of the East: Kefta roll, falafel roll, Lebanese beef sausage roll, chicken tawook roll and Argentinian empanadas with various fillings.
La Torre Cake Shop: Tres leches cups, chaja cups, caramel rolls, French pastry, caramel horns, patisserie slices, mil hojas, croissants, caramel, jam, custard tart, savoury, chicharon, alfajores, empanadas and sandwiches.
Lino's Famous Chestnuts: Italian roasted chestnuts.
Mangia Tutto: Italian arancini balls, various pastas, chicken burger.
Merry Pops: Artisan ice pops made in 22 different flavours.
Miguel & Co: Churros
Parrilla Argenchino: Catering Beef spare ribs (asado), pork spare ribs, beef or pork chorizo in a bread roll with chimichurri sauce, potato gems marinated with herbs and spices, and morcilla in a bread roll.
The Spanish Cook: Spanish paella.
Raza Central Food Truck: Pupusas, tacos, nachos, tamales, burritos, quesadillas, and enchiladas.
TropiCane Sugarcane Juice: Freshly squeezed sugarcane juice and sugarcane juice mocktails.
Culinary Carnival will be held at Spencer Street and The Crescent Plaza, Fairfield City Centre, on Saturday, June 1 from 11am-4pm.
- Details: fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/CulinaryCarnival
- For more information follow Fairfield Council on Facebook and Instagram.