GALLERY | ​Two further men charged in connection to the murder of Qin Wu

Two further men have been charged in connection to the 2017 murder of Qin Wu in Guildford.

About 11pm on Wednesday, February 1 2017, police and emergency services attended a house on Kennedy Street following reports a man had been shot.

Despite the best efforts of NSW Ambulance paramedics, the man died at the scene.

He was formally identified as 37-year-old Chinese National, Qin Wu.

Detectives from the State Crime Command's Homicide Squad, with the assistance of Cumberland Police Area Command, established Strike Force Buttle to investigate the circumstances surrounding the shooting and Mr Wu’s death.

Six men, including a 20-year-old man, have been charged over their alleged roles in the murder. They remain before the courts.

During the course of the investigation, strike force detectives became aware of a shooting on Bexley Road, Earlwood, on Monday, January 23 2017, which they allege is linked.

Following further inquiries, the now 21-year-old man was arrested at a home at Guildford just after 7.30am yesterday (Thursday, July 12).

 Qin Wu was shot dead in Guildford last February. Photo: Supplied

Qin Wu was shot dead in Guildford last February. Photo: Supplied

He was taken to Granville Police Station and charged with murder and two counts of shoot at with intent to murder.

The man was refused bail and appeared at Parramatta Local Court, where he was formally refused bail to re-appear at the same court on Monday, July 16.

Strike Force Buttle investigators also executed a crime scene warrant at a home at Sans Souci, where they conducted a number of forensic examinations.

A 49-year-old man was arrested at the home and taken to Kogarah Police Station.

He was charged with accessory after the fact to murder and refused bail to appear at Sutherland Local Court later today (Friday, July 13).

Homicide Squad Commander, Detective Superintendent Scott Cook, said investigations into the shootings are continuing.

“Strike Force Buttle detectives established Mr Wu was not the intended target, rather, he was shot when he intervened in an argument between his friend and others at the home,” Detective Superintendent Cook said.

“We believe the argument related to a drug debt and while exploring that line of inquiry, we determined this shooting was connected to the attempt to shoot Mr Wu’s friend at Earlwood the week before.

“Given the circumstances, it is likely the shootings are motivated by a contract – an offer of money to murder – and we are continuing to investigate who may have issued the contract.

“The people of NSW will not tolerate acts of violence, particularly where there is a total disregard for the safety of law-abiding members of the community.

“This incident demonstrates how quickly a situation can escalate out of control and why even one firearm in the hands of the wrong person is dangerous.

“Investigations under Strike Force Buttle are continuing and further arrests are expected.”

Police are urging anyone with information that may assist Strike Force Buttle investigators with their inquiries to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.