After a record crowd of close to 28,000 attended last year, organisers are expecting a similar crowd for Club Marconi’s Italian Republic Day celebrations on Sunday, May 27.
Italian Republic Day or Festa Della Repubblica is the premier event on Club Marconi’s calendar with people from across Sydney embracing Italian culture and traditions.
The free family event will begin mass at 11am which will include hymns performed by the Club Marconi choir followed by formalities on the main stage.
Festival-goers will be treated to range of entertainment throughout the day including more than 80 food and specialty stalls, carnival rides, games, cooking demonstrations and classic and contemporary automobile and motorcycle displays.
Some of the highlights include:
- Luciano and Martino from My Kitchen Rules performing a live cooking demonstration at 3:30pm.
- Italian comedians Pippo and Pasqual.
- Singers Francesco Misitano, Rosella, Tony Sergi, Chris Ninni and Claudia Migliaccio.
- Barbara Easton Dance Studio dance show.
- Petting zoo and pony rides.
- Face painting.
- Football Clinic.
- Foti Fireworks finale.