Your new company
This NFP community health service provides NDIS, aged care, mental health and family services to the community. They currently are managing a new initiative to offer support to carers of NDIS and My Aged Care participants and are seeking a Social Worker to join the team on a full time, temporary basis with the possibility of permanency in the future.
Your new role
As an Assessment and Planning Officer, you will undertake assessments and develop goal directed care plans for carers with a view to achieving outcomes that will improve their quality of life. You will also facilitate carers’ access to respite and other support services. Your responsibilities will include;
- Undertake holistic assessments and develops goal-directed care plans to ensure individual, physical and emotional needs of carers are met.
- Provide carers with assistance to navigate, coordinate and access other supports including planned respite and/or community access funded through other programs (e.g. MAC/NDIS).
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date records and case notes in the client management system.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or appropriate, equivalent discipline or experience.
- Knowledge of the community care sector, including the challenges faced by carers of people with a disability, chronic illness, mental health condition and the aged.
- Organisational and interpersonal skills, e.g. negotiation, problem solving.
- Proficiency in the use of Information and Communication technologies.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is available to start immediately and would like to work in a fantastic NFP organisation with a really positive team environment. You will be remunerated in line with your experience and be paid on a weekly basis. You will be provided with a laptop and phone and once restrictions ease will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid work from home, work from the office arrangement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
03 9946 3577
LHS 297508 #2568608