So, why Optus?
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us - we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians. We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
About the role
The primary purpose of the Business Specialists role is to strategically grow the Optus Small Business Market share in retail across all lines of business achieving SMB store targets. Reporting to the Store Manager at Optus Fairfield on a Full Time basis.
- Practice active listening to understand the needs and profiles of small businesses
- Deliver brilliant customer service in every interaction and educate customers on the full range of products to provide multiple solution options
- Collaborate with the wider team to seek opportunities to improve the overall experience for our business customers
- Hold daily huddles on areas of improvement, updates and celebrate success stories
- Drive a high-performance environment by coaching and mentoring to ensure team is skilled on the SMB product, tactical offers and value proposition
Business Specialists are required to mentor, educate on SMB offers, products, Business Care, credit and activation process’s ensuring a brilliant service is provided to current and new SMB customers.
You will have:
- 3 years retail experience with successful execution of strategies with corresponding results
- Ability to think around a multi-layered issue to quickly identify the best solution
- Ability to balance multiple processes and perform detailed tasks in an efficient and organized manner while maintaining effective communication and successfully building trust with customers
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to constantly evolving situations
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction with strong time management and follow through initiatives
As a provider of essential services across Australia, Optus has a critical role in the community through keeping our customers connected to the people they love and the things that matter. It is also our priority to ensure we provide our amazing people and our customers with a healthy and safe workplace environment. In light of the significant risks posed by COVID-19, Optus expects all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and will require vaccination for certain roles as well as access to Optus workplaces. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this policy or how it impacts you, including any concerns you might have about meeting this requirement.
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we're a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.