Your new company
Work with one of the largest Local Governments in Australia, a leading employer on the Sunshine Coast Region with an opportunity for a Senior Transport Planner in their Transport Infrastructure Management Branch based in Caloundra.
Your new role
- Manage projects and assist the Parking and transport Manager with the implementation of relevant actions from the Parking management plan, including local area parking plans, technology and policies related to parking and kerbside management.
- Develop best practice strategies, policies and plans related to parking and kerbside management including assisting public education and awareness programs to promote travel choice options throughout the Sunshine Coast Region.
- Investigate and prepare reports for submission in respect of assigned parking and transport issues, including addressing emerging trends of smart mobility and technology.
- Oversee the preparation of concept solutions required for future projects, including parking structures and mobility hubs, electric vehicle charging, end of trip facilities, signage, kerbside management plans and similar throughout the region.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Relevant tertiary qualification (degree) and experience in Engineering or Transport Planning profession or equivalent.
- Experience in transport planning, infrastructure network planning and/or policy development to undertake best practice research and data analysis in applying strategy to operational implementation, including the ability to define and negotiate project scope, methodology and resources.
- Strong leadership skills to confidentially and positively empower others, develop, and coach team members and foster workplace culture.
What you’ll get in return
- An employer committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled, and dedicated workplace culture.
- Pay you 17.5% leave loading when taking annual leave (4 weeks entitlement per year)
- Discounted health related memberships and other well-being initiatives
- Generous Superannuation benefits - 12% Superannuation in addition to your 6% superannuation contribution.
- A flexible work environment and a family friendly employer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Lennie Dowle.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career
LHS 297508 #2613318