The role of the Data Center Integration and Technical Infrastructure Manager (ITIM) requires strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. We are seeking a Senior Program Manager with the ability to self-direct and who has a strong background in Data Center Construction with an emphasis on passive telecom infrastructure/construction management.
The DC ITIM is responsible for the program management of all integration and technical infrastructure fit-out activities associated with MSFT owned system and/or services and critical infrastructure that is required to be installed into new data center builds or lease facilities to deliver capacity to the business across Australia. The role requires the identification and management of scopes and interdependencies between all external and internal stakeholders and coordinating same with the physical construction build and general contractor. The DC ITIM is responsible for coordinating the handover process and ensuring the required handover documentation and expectations are met to handover the space to our Operations teams and the business.
DC ITIM is responsible for producing and managing project plans and executing major milestones (Early Access, Beneficial Use, Corporate Network Live, Security CX Complete, Telecom Infrastructure Fit Out Complete, Lockdown, Colo Go Live) and for the financial approval and management function.
This position will be based in Melbourne and will have responsibility of leading DCI scope of work for multiple campuses across Australia. Being one of the senior resources in the team, the position will also assist in driving APAC DCI OKR & key Initiatives.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- The DC ITIM will be a relentless advocate for managing a safe work site, supporting the implementation of the High-Risk Activity (HRA) program and work with the Construction PM and GC groups/landlord to deliver trade collaboration methods to improve safe working and co-ordination of the job sites
- Coordinating internal Microsoft scope, resource efforts, requirements, and schedules with those of the general contractor/landlord, vendors, and suppliers to ensure a smooth and timely handover of the constructed Data Centre facility and capacity to the Microsoft Operations team and Business Groups.
- Work with the Data Center Engineering (DCE) team and supporting specialty consultants to review, improve and execute the Basis of Design (BOD).
- Coordination of telecom materials procurement, telecoms installation, security systems installation, FFE procurement and installation.
- Coordination of the design, procurement, installation and turn up of the facility Corporate Network (Corpnet).
- In cooperation with the Construction Lead, this position aligns metro wide delivery strategies to local team objectives, business processes, vendor management strategies, and cross-group collaboration efforts.
- Align with the ANZ DCI Lead and DCD (Construction) PM to agree delivery strategies across multiple sites and manage a continuous improvement program that will result in a lean project delivery approach.
- Identifying and managing stakeholder dependencies and construction deliverables and handoffs for/with Microsoft Security (DCPS), Microsoft IT (MSIT), Datacenter Construction Integration - Network Engineering (DCI-NE), Networking and Telephony.
- The DC ITIM will work for the ANZ Datacenter Integration Lead to set and execute sub-regional strategies.
- Create and/or maintain best practices to identify and incorporate cost-effective solutions in line with evolving Microsoft Div 1 specification requirements and report on KPIs for the same.
- Manage the selection, contracting, and integration of multiple vendors and internal partners.
- Drive deployment of solutions that can be socialized globally across DCD projects, both builds and leases.
- Facilitate client/sponsor decision-making to drive solutions, schedules, and manage change as required.
- Apply influence, strategies, and negotiation skills to identify options and recommend solutions.
- Regularly reviews cost and KPI metrics, invoices, process/policy communications to partners.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of vendors, cost managers, and integration of lessons learned in support of the Data Center Integration & Construction Project Management Teams.
- Attend scheduled owner/architect/contractor (OAC) and other project meetings, and report, as necessary.
- Report Project Progress on scope, schedule, and budget in relation to the Integration scope and packages as required for the APAC Region.
- Provide weekly project status reporting to DCD standards.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and reporting on scope, schedule, and budget in relation to the Integration scope and packages.
- Work independently in support of the DCD PM.
- Track lessons learned and identify and execute on cost down site up opportunities.
- Vendor Management and contract compliance
- Provide Vendor oversight and performance management, as required.
- Support Preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP’s), PER’s, and other project approval tools & templates.
- Review and approval of vendor scope of work and design review of site and building plans, as required.
- Validate vendor pay-application and invoice review and approval in line with milestone payment schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or Electrical Trade qualified candidate with a strong/demonstrated background in the delivery of large-scale complex projects.
- Proven experience in telecom infrastructure or construction related project management in Australia, preferably in Melbourne.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, key initiatives, and deadlines simultaneously.
- Cross-group collaborator and influencer across teams and organizations with proven success in participating in cross-functional teams to deliver on key projects.
- High personal standard to deliver a thoughtful, polished, and quality work product.
- BICSI RCDD or similar Telecommunications Design/Installation Experience preferred.
- Experience managing large scale enterprise projects with both localized and virtual teams.
- Be able to work within a dynamic team of full-time employees and consultants.
- Client or Contractor side Datacenter construction or management experience a plus.
These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.