Your New Company
Hays Darwin is proud to partner with an exclusive service provider delivering a range of transactional land services and property valuation services to a state government. Take this opportunity to join the company as a Senior Java Analyst / Developer as they embark on a new and exciting project.
Your New Role
Reporting to the NT Branch Manager, the Senior Java Analyst / Developer will work as part of our support or project teams to develop new software solutions, as well as enhancing and maintaining existing capabilities.
The main responsibilities are:
• Lead the design, development and maintenance of enterprise applications
• Liaise with clients (both internal and external) to analyse user stories and clarify requirements
• Identify, diagnose and correct application programming and infrastructure errors
• Assist in the creation of technical specifications
• Adhere to the ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 Quality and Information Security Management System requirements.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience
• Experience taking a lead role in developing enterprise applications in Java or a similar language(s)
• Knowledge of Java EE technologies including Java Servlets and JSP
• Experience in developing API based applications and experience of OpenAPI 3.0
• Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and running unit, integration and performance testing
• Ability to read and write complex SQL queries and procedures against a relational database
• Experience in using system scripting languages to automate and streamline system operations e.g Python, Bash etc.
• Experience in using build tools, with preference for Maven
• Experience in configuring and using DevOps tooling, with a preference for the Atlassian suite and Jenkins.
• Familiarity with all stages of the SDLC, including secure development practices.
• Experience working in an Agile methodology (E.g Scrum)
What You’ll Get In Return
In return, you will receive an opportunity to join a trusted partner of the state and live in the tropical hub of Darwin in the NT.
Benefits on offer:
• Generous salary package
• A supportive and collaborative team environment
• A chance to develop and innovate in a world class organisation
• A diverse role where no day is the same
What You Need To Do Now
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact Harrison for a confidential chat on 08 8943 6022. To apply please click the “apply now” button to forward an up to date CV. Or email your CV to Harrison.Langley@hays.com.au for more information and a more detailed description of the role.
LHS 297508 #2537522