Role: Senior Educator
Location: 269 Main St, Redland Bay QLD 4165
Centre: Goodstart Redland Bay
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent 38 hours per week
Are you a Senior Educator who is passionate about helping children to have the best possible start in life? Do you want to work for an organisation that offers genuine career opportunities to help you succeed?
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As a Senior Educator at Goodstart Redland Bay, your responsibilities include leading and mentoring your room team to develop and deliver high quality and inclusive play based educational programs aligning with the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards. Working alongside our friendly and supportive Centre Leadership Team you observe, review and continuously improve the educational programs on offer to children ensuring the best outcomes.
You’ll help achieve this by
- Actively contributing to the education program in the room and the centre team
- Engaging and supervising the children at all times
- Maintaining a safe environment for children, families and team members
- Building and maintaining strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Complying with National Quality Standards and Goodstart policies and procedures
- Supporting a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continuous improvement
What Goodstart can offer you
- Job security and stability
- Professional development and training
- Competitive above award rates
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Childcare discounts (from 15 - 30%)
- Welcoming and fun environment
- 75 Place purpose built Centre
- Fun loving and supportive team
- Work with a highly skilled Director
- Closely situated to transport and local shopping centre
- Long tenure staff
- On-site parking
- Fixed, school term roster
- Passionate about the environment
- Well resourced
- Community and family driven
- Opportunity for professional development
If you have previous experience as a Senior Educator or can demonstrate strong leadership skills and you have a willingness to learn and provide quality learning experience coupled with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education or ACECQA approved equivalent, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are committed to child safety. We believe children have the right to be safe, happy and empowered. Our commitment is underpinned by Article 3 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are deeply committed to reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.