Your new company
Your new company is a worldwide leader in training for the Civil Aviation, Defence and Security markets. This innovative, market leading company assists in defining worldwide training standards with virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer while maintaining Defence force readiness and enhancement of patient safety. Due to recent growth, the team is looking to bring on an experienced Senior Communications Engineer for a 12-month contract in Brisbane.
Your new role
In your new role you will be supporting the successful delivery of the program through the provision of Safety, Planning, Design and Assurance deliverables.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with System Technical Advisors, the Lifecycle Planning Business Manager, and Lifecycle Delivery Business Manager to achieve the technical outcomes
- Provide specialist advice in relation to their domain
- Review, assess and validate the suitability of managed service provider proposed solutions
- Identify risks and issues facing successful delivery and propose management/mitigation options as required
- Determine success criteria for the program team to validate prior to transition
- Provide engineering expertise to investigate complex problems, and develop and integrate improvements to system performance and the overall service delivery process
- Produce engineering reports, feasibility studies and proposals to determine and recommend changes in the methodology, design, performance specification and measurement
- Manage assigned tasks effectively to achieve the appropriate levels of safety, quality and efficiency within schedule and allocated budget
- Ensure applicable processes are applied
- Assist other engineering and technology staff, when required, to apply change control and management
- Assist projects to deliver against specified requirements
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this position, alongside your experience in a similar role you will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering and eligible for registration at the chartered level by a recognised professional body
- Experience in the practical application of ITIL principles
- Experience in managing engineering activities in relation to Air-band VHF
- Experience in managing engineering activities in relation to ADS-B
- Significant experience delivering large, complicated projects
- Excellent oral and communications skills and the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- High level of understanding and application of skills and experience with the conduct of Systems Engineering tasks
- Demonstrated ability to engage with suppliers/contractors to ensure supportability is designed into the system being designed/acquired
Please note Australian Citizenship is essential for this position as you will be required to have or obtain a security clearance. What you'll get in return
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered a 12-month contract position based in Brisbane and will be working on exciting projects that are current and while offering a competitive day rate. You will have the opportunity to join a company firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. To jump on-board with this excellent company, apply today!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2562494