- Full time ongoing role for a Senior Business Partner (HS7 - base salary $112,808 per annum)
- Based in Fairfield with remote work arrangements available
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
Forensic mental health is a specialist area within the mental health service system. The services provided by Forensicare address the needs of offenders experiencing mental health issues, the mental health sector, the justice sector and the general community. These services are delivered through three streams, inpatient services at Thomas Embling Hospital, community services through the Community Forensic Mental Health Service and prison-based services at several locations. This position will be based at Fairfield and you will be required to work across all Forensicare sites.
About the role:
The Senior Business Partner will work closely with the Employee Relations Manager to support case management of employees and industrial relations matters across Forensicare. The incumbent will provide sound and timely HR advice to Managers, coach and support two P&C Business Partners with their portfolios and manage a full range of employee relations issues. The incumbent will also drive policy development in key P&C functions. A priority for this role is to ensure fair and consistent application of policies and procedures, promoting a positive culture. The position will also participate in and lead organisational change projects or other people and culture initiatives.
Our Ideal Candidate:
The ideal applicant will be flexible, sensitive and responsive to the needs of others. You will be approachable, available and an inclusive communicator with all employees at our organisation.
- Provide industrial relations advice to the organisation to ensure legislative compliance.
- Coach and support managers to address performance and conduct issues, and applying the disciplinary process where required.
- Co-ordinate and provide expert advice relating to the management of enterprise bargaining
- Develop and review human resources policies, procedures and guidelines to support the implementation of terms and conditions of employment across the organisation
- Coach and support HR Business Partners in managing low level cases relating to employee conditions and conduct issues
- Develop resources such as toolkits / support materials to improve management capability relating to employee relations issues.
- Interprete and appropriately apply relevant employment legislation in a broad range of situations.
What we offer:
You will join a compassionate team of individuals, who bring different skills and levels of practiced and lived experience. Together, the team learn from each other and support each other through multidisciplinary approaches. We strive to see the potential in everyone. That’s what makes us good at what we do. Forensicare workers are high-performing and capable. We are positive and resilient in the demanding forensic mental health sector. We are learning oriented and drive organisational improvement. We continuously try to find the best ways to engage consumers in often challenging circumstances.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.