Your new company
NSW State Government department with headquarters in Wollongong however have offices across NSW so flexible on location
Your new role
The Project Manager leads the project team (2 direct reports) in the scoping, preparation, development, delivery and implementation of a project in response to the agencies intent to strengthen its Training Systems and Quality Assurance frameworks and processes.
- Lead and manage analysis of existing training systems and quality assurance processes, including reviews/audits and relevant outcomes/recommendations to determine project priorities, apply a risk management approach and ensure alignment to agency and government strategies
- Develop, implement and manage plans for identified priority project areas to deliver high quality, cost efficient solutions which are operationally fit for task and sustainable into the future, including schedules and activities, resourcing requirements, communication and change management strategies, tracking program and project progress and budget, and ensuring compliance with the project delivery framework
- Lead and manage the simultaneous delivery of a range of complex project streams and ensure safe, successful and compliant delivery within agreed project constraints
- Determine and implement improvements through change management and implementation of systems deemed to be the responsibility of Training Systems and Quality Assurance branch to meet the legislative requirements and policy expectations of Government, specifically the overarching requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
- Provide strategic advice, support and updates to the Director on the development, implementation, management and reporting of projects, to ensure Executive staff are fully briefed on the status of both the overall program and individual project streams
- Prepare a range of strategic and operational documents as required including briefing papers, discussion papers, reports, submissions and responses to information requests
- Proactively lead a team and manage resources within a matrix management structure to deliver project outcomes within required budget and timeframes; provide direction in the development of solutions to meet legislative requirements and organisational objectives
- Lead the negotiation of contracts and monitor the work performed by both internally and externally sourced providers, to ensure that services are provided in accordance with agreed quality standards, budget and timeframes.
What you'll need to succeed
- Appropriate tertiary education/training qualifications (or equivalent/similar)
- Extensive high-level experience in managing complex programs of work incorporating complex project streams and utilising a variety of project management approaches
- Extensive senior leadership experience within a Registered Training Organisation
- Proven track record in preparing for, undertaking and completing a successful audit by ASQA
What you'll get in return
3 to 6 month contract, Grade 11/12. Flexible working, location negotiable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lucille on 02 8226 9855
LHS 297508 #2467058