Our client are an Australian privately-owned and operated packaging company who manufacture and distribute across Australia. Due to exponential growth, they are seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their team to streamline and improve their purchasing function.
You will be solely responsible for the purchasing function with the view as the business continues to grow potentially having someone report into you in the future. You will also oversee inventory management.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Review existing vendors and set up new vendors
- Negotiate pricing with vendors
- Order and manage inbound overseas shipments
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on demand
- Manage the purchasing cycle, including generating requisitions, PO creation
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials
- Purchase products competitively and establish optimal quantity to purchase
- Manage and resolve issues regarding purchase order relating to invoice discrepancies
- Manage the relationships with suppliers and freight forwarders
- Database management using MRP & SAP
- Reporting on vendors compliance, accuracy and performance
This role is based in Wetherill Park. They also operate a hybrid model of working with flexibility to work from home and in the office.
To be successful for this role, you will be an experienced Purchasing Manager or Purchasing Planner/Officer who will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to streamline processes
- Excellent stakeholder management, organisation and influencing skills
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Experienced with international shipping
- MRP & SAP experience is highly regarded
Click on APPLY NOW or contact Kirsty Burton on for further information.