Part-time Permanent Position
• Psychologist, Grade 3 (P3)
• Based in Metropolitan Remand Centre (Ravenhall, Victoria)
• Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
• Free onsite parking
Metropolitan Remand Centre (MRC)
Forensic mental health is a specialist area within the mental health service system. Within MRC, Forensicare provides individual and group treatment on an outpatient basis to male prisoners with impaired mental functioning. The service caters for clients with high-prevalence mental health disorders (e.g., anxiety, depression, trauma-related disorders), personality difficulties, psychotic illness, as well as clients who have complex mental health presentations (e.g., comorbid mental health and challenging behaviours, and/or cognitive and functional disabilities). Mental health intervention and consultancy services are also provided to prisoners accommodated in the protective quarantine units.
About the role:
The Senior Psychologist within MRC/Mobile Forensic Mental Health Service provides a high level of clinical psychological expertise. As a senior clinician this role provides high level consultation and advice on complex clinical matters, as well as psychological assessment and treatment for clients with mental impairment. There is scope to provide reports for court as required and contribute to special projects, committees and working parties within the organisation including the development of policies and procedures. As a senior professional representative, the position also provides consultancy and advice to other agencies and key stakeholders. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with clients, custodial officers and other stakeholders to promote safer outcomes for all.
- Provide an advanced range of psychological services including advice on the management and treatment of complex client issues to other clinicians.
- Provides specialist psychological, psychometric assessments and reports where necessary.
- Provides individual and/or group interventions as appropriate.
- Contributes to patient risk management plans in conjunction with Corrections Victoria.
- Consult and collaborate with other stakeholders (e.g., Primary Health, Corrections Victoria, other Forensicare services)
- Participates in the training and supervision of psychology students and staff of other disciplines where appropriate.
- Provides expert consultation on psychology related issues within the organisation and to external clinicians and agencies as appropriate.
- Use clear and well-developed written and verbal communication skills to ensure all clinical documentation meets professional and custodial standards
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to independently and work autonomously in a variety of high-pressure environments.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Use knowledge and expertise to deliver high quality services as well as identify opportunities to improve service outcomes.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course of equivalent, OR Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent
- Endorsement or eligibility for endorsement by AHPRA in the area of clinical psychology and/or forensic psychology.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
• Great salary packaging conditions.
• Excellent leave entitlements.
• Post-graduate scholarship programs.
• Ongoing training and full orientation.
• Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.