Covering some of the City’s most fantastic building assets this busy custodian organisation require additional expertise for their Capital Works (principally building projects) programme. Based in the CBD and reporting to the Senior Manager, Capital Works you will be responsible for Project Managing Building Services but also be capable of project managing the whole project which could also include building, engineering, and landscape components. You will also be required to provide advice and support on other Project Managers works which have services components.
Your duties will include:
- Condition assessment of existing assets and write briefs.
- Prepare Request for Tender and Quote documents and coordinate the procurement process.
- Evaluating tender and quotation submissions.
- Procure and manage the services of contractors and professional consultants.
- Measure quantities of work.
- Investigate and prepare reports on any potential or actual public liability claims.
- Management of concurrent projects and their delivery.
- Working knowledge of the Building Code of Australia.
- Run multiple projects concurrently.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Proven experience in project managing medium to high value upgrades and new build installation of HVAC, boilers, lifts, chillers, fire systems etc.
- A background and experience in the design and construction of mechanical, electrical, fire and hydraulic services works.
- Appropriate degree or advanced trade qualification
- Contract Administration experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Issues.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Excel spreadsheets, MS Word databases etc.
- Excellent organisation skills, the ability to work under pressure, the ability to meet deadlines.
You will have a strong client orientation and be highly skilled at establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You will bring to the role a proven track record in services project management and have extensive working knowledge of building services and operations within large facilities. Understanding of Government contracts, GC21 etc would be valuable.
This role is an initial 12 month contract position, on an agency basis circa $550-650/day plus super. This is a great opening for a self-motivated Construction or Building Services Project Manager and is only open to candidates with full working rights in Australia.
Please apply via the link using a CV in Word format.
Paul Bulman 02 9249 2248
Ref No: 2558262
LHS 297508 #2558262