- Work on Key Strategic Capital Projects
- Asset Management focus in Group Support Services Team
About Our Client
Teys Australia is an innovative Australian food business with home grown pride and global reach. Drawing on more than 70 years' experience in the beef industry, their team of over 4,500 focus their energy and expertise on delivering value to their communities, customers and consumers.
This role will involve, but not be limited to the following key tasks:
Responsible for the Teys Project Delivery Process; champion of the Gate Review Process for capital projects across functions to achieve organisational objective aligned to the business strategy
- Contribute to the development of the capital project portfolio in sync with the corporate business plan
- Provide technical leadership, engineering knowledge and project management coaching to the Teys project management and asset management teams.
- Work closely with functional managers and project managers to understand the resources for each project, as well as manage resource conflicts during the project life cycle
- Recruit, train and guide technical staff, project management/contract administration resources as required to meet the needs of the project portfolio.
- Lead and support project team skill development, training, and career development
- Ensure all projects are delivered in legal compliance and scope during project life cycle
- Identify and manage project risk throughout the project life cycle
- Ensure project compliance with all Teys Australia policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you will bring the following with you:
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Civil/Structural/Electrical/Chemical) or Construction Management
- Knowledge of scheduling and project management systems
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in responsible engineering work
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in directing engineering employees in technical areas
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in preparing capital investment projects
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills
- Sound technical insight and judgement to influence others on how to practically solve problems
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational, analytical and financial business acumen to support reporting
- Solid understanding of contract governance and recording keeping processes
- Working knowledge of major forms of head contracts and fundamental contract law principals
- Computer literate including advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, and Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as JDE, SAP
- Stage Gate Project Delivery Process (PDP)trained
- Relevant experience within the Food Processing Industry (specifically red meat export processing industry)
- Experience in Project Management (minimum 10 years industry experience)
- Experience in maintenance and reliability systems.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be given an opportunity to join a growing company in a fast-paced, collaborative environment which includes genuine career development potential. Additionally, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and company benefits.