- Competative salary and flexible working
- Opportunity to make the role your own
About Our Client
An Australian based organisation with a global reach - our client is a well-known FMCG business who have recently moved payroll operations back to Brisbane.
This role will connect you with opportunity. By joining this Australian community you will be a part of a team focused on building strong relationships and making a meaningful impact in a vital industry.Due to internal opportunities, this Senior Payroll Officer position is returning to the Virginia head office. Looking after all of Queensland operations this role is a vital piece of the local community. The office is conveniently located just north of the Brisbane City and is close to public transport with on site parking.
On a daily basis as a Senior Payroll Officer you will be managing to the successful pay of over 500 employees across Queensland. This role will require;
- Processing of Weekly and Fortnightly pay runs
- Use and interpretation of multiple awards, EBAs and local agreements
- End to end payroll management from on boarding to terminations and redundancy calculations
- Continuous project opportunities designed to identify and provide process solutions
- Communication as the point of contract for internal customer queries and troubleshooting
- Communication and reporting to Sydney head office
- Guidance and team work with the junior staff and finance team
The Successful Applicant
This Senior Payroll Officer position is open to medium and senior levels of experience.
Candidates will need to have:
- Minimum 3 years Payroll Officer experience
- Working knowledge of PAYG, Payroll Tax, Superannuation, Workers Compensation and Long Service Leave
- Proficiency in English, MS Office and Excel
- Hard working attitude and growth mindset
- Strong understanding of general bookkeeping and accounting
- Preceda and Kronos systems beneficial
- Knowledge of Blue Collar payroll beneficial
All successful candidates will ideally take;
- Ownership of their tasks and specific payroll
- Personal responsibility for the overall end to end process
Please note this role does require work at the Virginia office minimum 2 days a week. Please only apply if you are located in the area.
What's on Offer
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary package for the right candidate, between $80,000-$90,000 plus super and benefits
- Join a stable Australian business operating in the manufacturing and FMCG industry
- Opportunities to make this role your own and move internally within the organisation
- Brisbane North-side Logan location close to public transport and on-site parking
- Monday-Friday role with flexible hours and remote working arrangements