- Full time,Permanent Ongoing position
- Based in Metro and Regional prisons
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking except in CBD
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men's prison is located in Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne's west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role:
The Nurse Practitioner (RPN6) works within a interdisciplinary framework and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Expert assessment – holistic mental health and risk assessment
- Advocacy and access – ensuring timely access to appropriate mental health care and treatment
- Managing risk – applying risk management principles within a custodial setting.
- Complex mental health care and treatment – specialised interventions with highly complex and behaviourally challenging prisoners.
- Transition planning – facilitating successful transition from the prison to the community for prisoners with a mental illness.
Skills and experience:
- Extensive and advanced clinical knowledge and at least five years of experience in mental health nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake comprehensive mental health and risk assessments and to plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of nursing in a prison environment.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Postgraduate qualification in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA)
This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.