Your new company
Hays Recruitment have partnered with Winchester Australia who are the wholesale distributor of firearms, ammunition and shooting accessories for the sports shooting, law enforcement, defence and construction industry.
Your new role
As the Inventory & Transport Administrator you will be responsible for providing quality customer service by coordinating and monitoring inventory holdings, velocity, and placement, along with releasing orders to meet all transport planning, coordinating, and monitoring. You will be responsible for the initiation of investigative actions to continually meet customer and business expectations, while ensuring the storage and transport of the commodities are always compliant and in accordance with Federal, State and Territory Laws.
The role is performed wholly on company premises and requires in-person interaction with colleagues, customers, and suppliers, with some domestic travel required.
You will also be responsible for:
- Monitor return logistics and processing of returns, warranty, and servicing in accordance with business timelines and regulatory requirements.
- Delegation of authority for approval of transportation invoicing
- Actively coordinate, monitor, and continually improve transportation for the distribution of commodities throughout Australia.
- Monitor compliance of distribution centre, 3PL and transport providers for storage of commodities and despatched consignments. Eg. NHVR, State and Territory regulations, Australian Explosives Code, WorkSafe Victoria, RSHQ, SafeWork NSW, Mines Industry Relations and Safety WA
- Use ERP, FMS, programs and technologies (e.g., Office 365) to perform inventory management and transport planning efficiently, accurately and compliantly.
- Maintain excellent digital housekeeping standards and address issues immediately, within ERP and FMS.
- Regulatory reporting on weekly and monthly basis for all disposals and acquisitions through Federal and State/Territory levels.
- Coordinate all warehouses cycle counts, monitor, report, investigate, and roll out corrective actions. All stock discrepancies are communicated to finance and trading team for appropriate action.
- Reporting on operational outcomes on a weekly and monthly basis, and compile any other operational report required by the business.
- Participate in team and company meetings
- Support and champion company initiatives to improve service levels to our customers.
- Ensure conformance to all Winchester policies and procedures and relevant Acts and Legislation.
- Commit to and act in accordance with Olin Code of Conduct
- Ensure that safety and environmental standards are followed to meet requirements for a safe workplace in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004.
- Adhere to Winchester policies and procedures to ensure customer needs are met in accordance with ISO9001 Quality Management System.
- Perform other duties as directed
What you'll need to succeed
- Diploma of Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- A Valid Driver's Licence
- A Forklift Licence is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a supply chain environment.
- Experiencing using warehouse management systems and technologies
- Intermediate to advance in Microsoft applications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of safe work practices, including manual handling knowledge
- Knowledge of inventory management and/or transport management
- Excellent Problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent literacy & numeracy skills
What you'll get in return
- A highly competitive salary based on experience, plus incentives, plus super
- Work in an environment where your opportunities for progression will not be held back
- Excellent work conditions
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or send a copy of your CV to Rebecca.Hillbrick@hays.com.au or to Billy.Matic@hays.com.au or call us now (03) 5226 8010.
LHS 297508 #2663300