- Initial 2-4 month engagement(possibility of extension)
- Brisbane offices
- Immediate Start
About the company:
Green Light is one of Australia's most successful and fastest growing IT services businesses. We offer a wide range of IT services in Security, infrastructure and Systems Integration to a diverse customer base throughout Australia, New Zealand, SE Asia and Europe.
Green Light is on the lookout for an experienced Desktop Engineer to provide services with our Brisbane consulting team. We require people who have excellent communication skills and a passion for delivering high quality technical solutions.
The Desktop Engineer will be responsible for the technical support across Service Desk, Network Monitoring and Management, Server Management, Desktop Management and Infrastructure upgrade projects
The Desktop Engineer will be self-motivated and keen learners who has fantastic interpersonal skills to maintain the excellent customer service levels provided onsite to the business. Must have demonstrated experience working unsupervised on customer sites.
- Supporting desktop infrastructure and services including Hardware, OS, Software etc.
- Responsible for deployment, technical maintenance, administration and support of the virtualised Microsoft platform
- Technical support across the multi-platform clustered environment – MS OS 2008 / 2012 / 2016, Active Directory
- Provide comprehensive documentation and manage an effective handover
- Maintenance of physical infrastructure including desktop, telephony, printers and video conferencing equipment.
- Build and strengthen working relationship with relevant network escalation groups to assist in effective resolution of customer faults.
- Assisting with Customer Device and Application Configuration.
- Working with customers/employees to identify problems and advising on the solution.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar capacity as a Service Desk and/or Desktop Engineer
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft & Citrix platforms
- Understanding of networking principles i.e routers, switches, servers and virtualisation and experience troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Demonstrated highly developed analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Excellent telephone, client service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of ITIL process or previous experience in ITIL environment is highly advantageous.
- Innovative and continually improving technical environment
- Agnostic technical professionals with specialities across multiple platforms for a new technical solution
- Collaborative work environment
- Work across all phases of the project – from the initial consultation with end customer and properly understanding their needs, build, deployment and support
- Provide direct technical support and guidance to a key project
- Diverse technical stack, with an opportunity to develop agnostic experience across technologies
How to Apply:
Click APPLY or contact John – Senior Resource Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion with Green Light Worldwide.