- Full time Monday to Friday
- Permanent senior position
- Based in Fairfield
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensic mental health is a specialist area within the mental health service system. The services provided by Forensicare address the needs of offenders experiencing mental health issues, the mental health sector, the justice sector and the general community.
These services are delivered through three streams, inpatient services at Thomas Embling Hospital, community services through the Community Forensic Mental Health Service and prison based services at several locations. This position will be based at Forensicare and will be required to work across all Forensicare sites.
About the role:
The Chief Lived Experience sets a new standard of excellence for Forensicare. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will lead the strategic development, implementation and evaluation of our lived experience service within the context of recovery, trauma informed care and human rights. Bringing compassion, energy and visionary leadership, you will build the capacity and capability of Forensicare to deliver true mental health system reform and lead collective systemic impact.
- Lead and support a person centred lived experience service
- Shape a positive culture by modeling the values and principles of human rights, social justice and recovery
- Drive our lived experience strategy in collaboration and partnership
- Ensure effective co-design of our new redevelopment, service plan and model of care
Skills and experience:
- A personal lived experience of being a mental health consumer or carer of a mental health consumer
- Demonstrated understanding of the systemic issues and individual support needs for consumers in the forensic mental health setting
- Extensive leadership and/or management experience in the lived experience field
- Significant knowledge of contemporary lived experience workforce development needs and principles within mental health and criminal justice
- Ability to provide strategic advice in relation to change management and service development
- Excellent communication skills
This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.