Legislative updates to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act kicked in on March 1. The aims:
- to enhance community participation;
- to promote strategic planning;
- to increase probity and accountability in decisionmaking; and
- to promote simpler, faster processes for all.
Other changes involving further design and consultation will be introduced in stages up to mid-2020. To help you update forms and templates the department has listed the most commonly used sections of the Act for the new numbering system. The department also has a guide to the changes.
- More: Department of Planning & Environment, 1300 305 695.