Fire damage to Indian restaurant in Wentworthville

An Indian restaurant was damaged by fire on Saturday night.

Firefighters were called to Dunmore Street at around 7pm, where they found a restaurant well alight, which had spread into the roof.

Firefighters contained the fire to the restaurant and extinguished the the blaze a short time later.

Restaurant staff had already evacuated and no one was injured.

Holroyd Police are investigating the incident.

The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen and is not being treated as suspicious.

Police urge anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 

This story Restaurant gutted by fire first appeared on Parramatta Sun.